"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16

Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Year, New Changes

I'm sitting here trying to stay focused on the pile of books nearby, thinking to myself that I'll never get it. There's so much to learn and so little time. My vacation flew by so fast and I'm already flying through this trimester. At the end of this one, I will begin my first clinical. It will only be 3 weeks long (a teaser) but will give us a chance to give the things we have learned some context.

God was gracious enough to provide Tracy with a new job that she will begin this coming Wednesday. She is working hard to tie up the loose ends in her current role before moving forward in the next phase. She's excited about the change and is ready to start.

Texas gave us a good opportunity to step out of our routine and enjoy friends and family. We even got to see the rapidly growing Gabriel Catalano, who turned 1 right after we left. It's a different world in Texas. It's hard to pinpoint exactly way, but it was refreshing. Maybe it was the lack of traffic. Maybe it was all the nice people with their southern hospitality. Maybe it was being around people we love but rarely see. I don't know why, but it was nice.

God has been good to us and is teaching us how to rely on him each day. We're faced with many decisions and many opportunities to trust in him. Life is good right now. I'd better quit procrastinating from studying. First round of midterms hit Friday. Take care all!

No comments: