"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16

Sunday, April 27, 2008

2 down, 7 to go

Well many of you have pointed out that we need to update our blog. Yes, we very much do! I was trying to post at least once a month, but school got a bit crazy and I haven't been able to get it done. With my duties as an officer for my class, leading a community group, being on the sight and sound team at church, staying on top of my studies and going to class, I got a bit pushed to my limit. I developed shingles due to my stress among a few other physical symptoms of stress. I buckled down and did my best to do everything with excellence and tried to persevere under the pressure, knowing that perseverance will build character. The temptation under duress is to bail on responsibility or cut corners. I have been encouraged in the past to endure under these times of pressure and to rely on God for strength. He uses these hard times to develop and strengthen us for even harder times to come. With some encouragement from others and a lot of hard work, I made it through. My shingles cleared up and I got good grades on my exams and for my final grades. I am now working full time for 3 weeks at Salinas Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine in Yorba Linda. I am learning a great deal and thoroughly enjoying my experience. Working with and helping patients has reminded me why I wanted to be a physical therapist. This experience is truly re-energizing me and I look forward to going back to school to learn more so I can become a competent therapist.

No comments: