"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hawaii - 2007



Before I started my program, Tracy and I wanted a chance to get away and relax some before all the changes we were going to experience. Knowing how difficult of a transition it would be from going Starbucks to my DPT program, I was really hoping to get a chance to prepare mentally and emotionally before I started. We were hoping for some time off, but God provided us the financial means to spend a week in Oahu.

I've always wanted to go to Hawai'i but have never been. I was stunned at the beauty of the soft beaches, the turquoise water, the firery sunsets and the lush greenery. The mountains, the oceans, the weather was amazing. I would have never expected to have such a great time and a chance to prepare for school.

We had such an amazing time and got to do some incredible things - everything from swimming with sea turtles to hiking through rain forests to watching those famous Hawaiian sunsets every day on the beach. Not only that, but I got to experience the greatest cup of coffee I've ever had - courtesy of Honolulu Coffee Co.

When we returned I was relaxed and ready to face my program. I am still going through Hawaiian withdrawals (not to mention they have a big need for DPTs over there).

God is good. We not only had the opportunity to enjoy God's creation but each other as well. Spending time with Tracy, my best friend, is one of my favorite things to do. Between the beauty of Hawaii and the time with Tracy, I would have to say this was the best vacation I've had.

5 comments:

elaineallbright said...

What a great idea. Your writing is so wonderful and fun to read. I just returned from a very streneous training seminar where we worked very long hard hours and had millions of discussions. We also had to walk a great deal. Really it was a scrapbooking retreat with 19 other women at a bed and breakfast designed just for women who scrapbook. It was so much fun. We also did some shopping in Ft. Worth. Love you guys so much and can't wait to see ya in December.

Teenietinyt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm so glad the two of you had a chance to go to Hawaii! It sounds like a wonderful trip and the perfect way to get refreshed! Congrats on getting into the program!

Anonymous said...

Cute dress, Trace! I'm glad you guys had a good time, and I'm glad you have a blog. You are officially on my favorites list!

Amy M.

Brilliant Bows said...

Hello Allbrights! Glad you have a blog - its a great way to keep in touch. I like the Hawaii pictures!! Sounds like it was a very relaxing time.